In order to further our commitment to sustainability—and grow some great vegetables—the University of Richmond has created a community garden adjacent to the Country Club of Virginia golf course. Registration is now closed, but if you are interested in participating please email firstname.lastname@example.org for information. Some important details:
- All gardeners must attend an orientation session prior to gardening. (Additional information below)
- The entire garden will be tilled and fenced by the University prior to the opening date.
- Each plot is approximately 15' x 10'.
- Only organic fertilizers may be used. Pesticides are prohibited.
- The garden receives approximately eight hours of direct sun light a day, sufficient for vegetable gardening.
- Flowers, vegetables, herbs and other annuals may all be gown in the garden.
- Each plot will have access to water and employees will be responsible for watering their individual plot.
- Participants will be expected to provide their own tools, seeds, and plant material.
- Participants will be responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of their personal plot as well as contributing to the general upkeep of the entire garden.
- Access to the garden will be restricted to participating UR students and University employees and their families.
- Participants will have access to the garden seven days a week during daylight hours.
- The closest parking area is in the C-Pine Lot, between Gateway Road and Richmond Hall, an estimated five-minute walk from the garden.